Dates Cake

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Though I like cake I used to think what is healthy with this and I started to hate it. But I still love my childhood eating what ever we like Cake, moon biscutts, Of course I love the baked food.
Though I tried to avoid them.. They chase me ........ :) (just escaping )
after all I found some healthy healthy alternative...I am not sure whether it is 100% healthy but it is with some good alternatives.....

Ingredients:
Dates 20 ( soak in warm water for 1 hour)
Walnuts 1/4 cup cup ( Optional) Chopped
Condensed milk 14 Oz
Butter 1 stick or 1/2 cup
Baking Soda 11/2 tsp
Baking pwd 1 tsp
All pupose flour 11/4 cup Hmm I did not find any healthy alternative for this dirty ingredient Will Find it soon........
2 eggs

Procedure:
1. Blend dates into course paste
2. Mix eggs, Dates paste, condensed milk, Butter in to good mixture
3. Now mix the dry ingredients Flour, Soda , Baking pwd together very very well
4. now mix the paste and the flour to good mix and add wall nuts. ( give atleast 30-50 strokes)
if you have a hand mixer like me that will save you yours muscle power :)
5. pour into a square or round nonstick cake ware and bake at 350 for 40min or till the surface turns brown.
6. you dont believe this is much better than the original receipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Virtual Chef Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino