Green Beans Fry.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For those people who have no access to Indian stores in USA. They should depend on most are vegetables which are here. So with that experience I can understand the problems of those people. Beans are not so tasty but still they are regualarly available ones here. But me and my husband though we are near Indian stores these days we still bring 2 pounds pack of Fresh beans from Costco and enjoy the beans Fry.
So here is the receipe for you all my frens.
Ingredients:
Beans - 2 pounds
Chillies- 10-15
garlic cloves- 5-7
Cumin- 1 Tbsp
Chilli Powder- 2 Tbsp

Seasoning/popu/tadka
Mustard seed 1 Tbsp
cumin seeds 1/2 tbsp
urad dhal 1 tbsp
chana dhal 2 tbsp
Curry leaves 2 springs

Procedure:
1. The toughest part of this curry is cutting the beans. I cut them as small as chillie pieces. I am providing a photo for an Idea

2. cut chillies
3. In a pistel blend garlic flakes, chillie pwd, cumin in to coarse paste


4. Take a wide pan and add 1 tbsp of oil or sufficient oil for seasoning after frying the seasoning items in the list add chillies and fry for 1 min

5. Now add the beans and add salt and fry on medium high untill the water evaporates
dont close the lid at this time
6. Once beans are half done add the coarse paste and fry for 2 min and close the lid
stir in between untill the beans are done.

Serve with hot rice or roti.

Note:
I the picture I am only showing the curry with 1/2 pound of beans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Virtual Chef Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino