Mamidikaya pappu

Monday, February 8, 2010

Any time did u hear about the sentence... Heaven in the mouth...
This dish obviously, the path towards it...
Ever since my childhood I love this dish made by my mother.I tried to learn the way she do it but she never allowed me into the kitchen.Even now,when I ask her on the phone she dont use to say ..but I dont know why when I asked her today she told me the procedure I know it is not different for all of you but it is different for me and my friends because we love her pappu(with any vegetable or greens), sambar. Especially I like to mention my fren kranthi here who always used to say me "ask ur mother for the procedure she will definitely tell u one or the other day". So here the receipe for you dear.

Ingredients:
toor dhal 3/4 cup
Raw mango -1 medium sized peel it and cut it into pieces
(dont throw the seed in side it. It tastes awesome)
onion - 1 samll( according to US size onion)
green chillies- 6 ( depends on your taste buds)

Tadka or seasoning or popu:
Oil or Ghee ( with ghee people say it wonderful but my mom uses oil)
Mustard seeds 1 or 2 spoons
cumin 1 spoon
curry leaves
garlic cloves-2

Procedure:
Pressure cook Mango in a sepearate vessel and toordal, onion, chillies in other vessel.
Pressure cook them for 3 whistles.
Let the pressure cool down and once you open the lid add 1 pinch turmeric, salt, chillie pwd and mash the mango and toordal mixture together.
Now make seasoning a pan with all the seasoning ingredients and add the toordhal mixture to it and bring to a boil and stir in the middle for few minutes.

Untill it reaches desired consistency.
Once it is done
Serve with hot rice and Ghee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Virtual Chef Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino